Blast from the Past: La La La La La La La La La La La ....


In honor of 'The Smurfs' movie coming out today, I though this blast from the past would be appropriate! :-D

Try getting THAT out of your head!! *muahahahahahaha* Ok, anybody who's ANYBODY knows who the Smurfs are, and how...Smurfy they are. :-D I remember many a Saturday morning growing up waking up and watching the Smurfs on tv, since I grew up in the boonies, we didn't have cable, *GASP* (yes, that's for REAL. My parents STILL don't have cable) so Saturday mornings were the only time that cartoons were on TV, so we definitely made the most of them, most likely eating S'mores cereal, maybe Count Chocula, or perhaps my dad's amazingtastical fried eggs. (I am 29, and I STILL can't make fried eggs as well as he can.) Ahhh, the memories....

Can I also mention that two of my friends (and readers) got married today!! Congratulations Len & Sarah! I wish you both all the happiness in the world!!

And now, on to the nails! I did Papa Smurf on my thumb, Painter Smurf on my index finger, Smurfette on my middle finger, Vanity on my ring finger, and Brainy Smurf on my pinky. :)


I used Zoya Yummy as a base, with Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the hats and eyes, Eyeko Saucy Polish for Naughty Nails for the tongues (when you see 'em, the stem and spots of the mushroom, and Papa Smurf's hat. For Smurfette's hair, I used American Apparel Manila, which I also used for the center of the flower on Vanity Smurf's hat. For the top of the mushroom, I used butter LONDON Minger, which I also used for the paint splatter on Painter Smurf's hat. For his paintbrush, I used American Apparel California Trooper as a base, with a mixture of Color Club Best Dressed List and American Apparel Manila. For Vanity's flower, I used Color Club Ms. Socialite, then I used a combination (not mixed, just whatever I picked up on my brush) of Pure Ice Wild Thing, L.A. Girl Army Green, and Zoya Shawn, and as always, I used American Apparel Hassid to outline everything.

I have to say, I think this manicure is pretty smurfy. the only nail I'm not loving on my left hand is Smurfette, she was the first one I drew before changing my technique, and she looks a tad wonky. Ah well.

Sorry, no Gargamel this time, perhaps when the Smurfs movie comes out next summer. :-D

50 comments

  1. O M G that is so flawless! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so awesome and extremely well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, Louise, your skill never ceases to blow my freakin' mind. SMURFALICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! You did that yourself?! That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowsa...your nails look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ....LALA LALALALA LALALALALAAAAAA.
    Yep that's totally stuck in my head. Gorgeous nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is fan-frickin-tastic! As usual, of course! :) Haha, there is a smurfs ad in your side bar right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! I wish you would post a picture of the tools or brushes you use(:

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! You. Are. Freakin'. AMAZING!

    I love the Smurfs, and this nail art is stinkin' ridiculous! Amazing job - you're so talented!
    - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! I have the same memories of Saturday mornings; we didn't have cable either so they were really something to look forward to. My brother, sister and I would all actually cram into the pull-out bed on the couch and spend the night there and then in the morning eat our "special" sweet cereal (we only got to eat it on Saturdays) on our little metal TV trays. Loved the Smurfs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i wish i could paint that well on nails!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha, adorable! I remember watching them as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. (I'm posting this again, as I think you missed it the first time. I deleted the original so there's not a duplicate post in your blog anywhere. Awesome nails as always by the way.)

    Hi. I was just browsing around Blogger, as you do, and I noticed that one site had been stealing your posts. You can find the initial post that caught my eye that I recognized here ---> http://acrylic-nails.blogspot.com/2011/06/opening-nail-files.html

    I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't recalled some of your distinct posts at this blog that I was looking through the other day.

    Just scrolling down your page I recognized quite a few recent posts of yours that are there also. Anyway, I just thought you should know incase you weren't aware already.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my goodness!! these are so cute! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just finished my smurfy-inspired look on wednesday, but of course your's are so much more intricate and colorful! I love your work! Amazin'!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome design :D Amazing how you can paint it in such details :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty darn amazing talent! Shows you how with it I am...had no idea there was a new smurfs movie coming out! No kids - not raised in a muppets/smurf's generation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. sooooooo coool ! I also do mine but I think I will never do them just like you do! You did amazing!visit me ; manicure-nails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. reaaly really nice and cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're nails are amazing! What type of brush do you use? Greatful for an answer! :) HUG

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG, i can't belive that u did by yourself!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG, these are free-hand? Awesome. You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello! These are sooo cool! Just wanted to let you know that a blog called acrylic nails has been stealing your posts. the link to it is: http://acrylic-nails.blogspot.com/2011/06/opening-nail-files.html

    It will take you to the (Stolen)Opening The Nail Files...But anyway I Love Love Love your blog and read it everyday even if there are no new posts. (I am working my way back to the beginning! <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are amazing! I've just got in to doing designs on my nails and just started a blog about it, but mine aren't a spot on that! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just started reading your blog yesterday and I have gone through every single post! You are an amazing artist! Kinda like Misschevious but for nails instead of makeup.

    Couple ideas - Would love to see fire nails! Like Red, Orange and Yellow Flames!

    Or graffiti nails - specifically similar to the ones on the cover of the Carrie Bradshaw Diaries or something like that. I can totally see you doing black and white on four fingers, and then black and pink on the fifth!

    And the last idea I had was to do swiss cheese nails.. A little weird but I could see it being cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just started reading your blog yesterday and I am already addicted! You are amazing. I can't wait to maybe try my hand at some of these. You are so talented. I don't know how you continue to come up with new designs.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I came across your blog by accident, but I am pleased I did! (I should have typed dailymail in the address bar, but accidentally typed dailynail!)

    I love the nail art you can do, and will be tweeting my followers your blog address!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations!!! You´re a perfect artist!!
    I´m from Brazil and I´d like to know my blog: http//:universochic.com.br
    Thank you!!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just stumbled across your blog and I'm amazed by your talent! How long did this take? I'm going to check out your other posts too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this design. The details are amazing :) If you would like can you check out my blog? Im new to this blogger thing.
    http://www.nailsbyhunny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looool :-) It is funny. I prefer classical nail art.

    Girls, dont you know some website where is selling nail art e-book?

    I know only Nail Art Desings

    ReplyDelete
  32. marbled nails!!!! http://shrt.fm/qBlu3G

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello, I loved your blog!
    I'm following you, because I always stay on here!
    I hope you like my follower!

    www.belezaaemfoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful! Very funny... I love it. I'm from Brazil and always visit your blog. I invite you to visit my blog http://crixnails.blogspot.com Congratulations for yours nails. Kissess!
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  35. OMG !! How did you do that ??!! Amazing !

    Maryam from The Gourmet

    ReplyDelete
  36. OMG! AMAZING....I love this nails...

    ReplyDelete
  37. oh my, the detail! are you like a superwoman or something?

    ReplyDelete
  38. OMG! I love your nails! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMG! Awesome work I really like your art. How you can make this. I also wanna make same like this but I think it,s very difficult.:(
    nail beauty salon

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment... you know you want to. ;-P